UPSC : Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2021
The Union Public Service Commission will hold a civil services (Preliminary) examination, 2021.
No. Of Posts : Approximately : 712 Posts
UPSC Civil Service Qualification : A degree of any of Universities incorporated by an act of central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section- 3 of the university Grants commission Act, 1956,, or posses an equivalent qualification .
PSC Civil services Age Limited (As on 01/08/2021) : 21- 32 years
Fee for UPSC Civil Services exam : Rs. 100/-either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility. Female/SC/ST?PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
No.of Attempts for UPSC Civil Services:
- General Candidates : 06
- OBC candidates : 09
- SC/ST Candidates : No Limit
Plan of Examination of UPSC Civil Services :
The Civil Services Examination will consist The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages.
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination; and
- Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts.
Preliminary Examination : The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.
Paper I : (200 marks)
Duration : Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
Paper II : (200 Marks)
Duration : Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability;
- Decision making and problem solving;
- General mental ability;
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level);
- Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
- The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying makrs fixed at 33%.
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
Penalty for wrong answers :
Candidates should note that there will be penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type question papers.
How to apply for UPSC Civil Services : Candidates can apply online only.
Important dates for UPSC Civil services :
- Closing date of online registration March 24, 2021
- Date of Examination: June 27, 2021
For more details, Please visit : https://upsc.gov.in/sites/default/